Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
The rules are simple:
- Each Tuesday, Jana assigns a new topic. Create your own Top Ten list that fits that topic – putting your unique spin on it if you want.
- Everyone is welcome to join but please link back to The Artsy Reader Girl in your own Top Ten Tuesday post.
- Add your name to the Linky widget on that day’s post so that everyone can check out other bloggers’ lists.
- Or if you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment on her weekly post.
This week – February 1, 2022 – the topic is:
Books with Character Names In the Titles
(Submitted by BookLoversBlog and Lucy @ Bookworm Blogger).
This wasn’t an easy one to do! That’s because I have far more than only ten books that received 5/5 stars that have a character’s name in the titles. Because I love them all, I’ve decided to narrow my list down to books that my readers may not be familiar with (surprise: no Hamnet on this one). I’ve also decided to list them in alphabetical order by the title of the book. That means the numbering below is just to keep track of how many are on the list, and has NO significance beyond that.
So, without any further ado…
- About Grace by Anthony Doerr
- Anil’s Ghost by Michael Ondaatje
- Cassandra French’s Finishing School for Boys by Eric Garcia
- I Was Anastasia by Ariel Lawhon
- The Last List of Miss Judith Kratt by Andrea Bobotis
- Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney
- Rodin’s Lover by Heather Webb
- Signed, Mata Hari by Yannick Murphy
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
- Tamburlaine Must Die by Louise Welsh