This is a yearly reading challenge by Cathy @ 746 Books where bloggers commit to read (10, 15, or) 20 books over the summer, or just count the number of books they read during the summer.
This year, I decided to join in again, and committed to read at least 10 books (because I had that many ARCs for the summer months). However…
I actually finished reading a whole 20 books!
Well, that deserves a wrap-up post, don’t you think?
I have to admit that reading 20 books was a bit of a surprise for me, since this year has been one of some upheavals in my life.
And yet, as they say, she persisted!
So, without any further ado… here are the 20 books I read for this challenge, and links to all of my reviews.
- Ever Rest by Roz Morris.
- Mrs. Lorimer’s Quiet Summer (1953) by Molly Clavering.
- Sisters of Resistance by Christine Wells.
- Apricot Sky (1952) by Ruby Ferguson.
- Address Unknown (1938) by Kathrine Kressmann Taylor.
- The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict & Victoria Christopher Murray.
- Curtain by Agatha Christie.
- Murder in Married Life (1971) by Anne Morice.
- Short Dog: Cab Driver Stories from the LA Streets by Dan Fante.
- A Funeral for an Owl by Jane Davis.
- The Believers by Zoë Heller
- Three Words for Goodbye by Heather Webb and Hazel Gaynor.
- Yours Cheerfully by AJ Pearce.
- Four Minutes by Nataliya Deleva (Translation by Izidora Angel).
- Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss
- The First Actress by C.W. Gortner.
- More than I Love My Life by David Grossman (Translation by Jessica Cohen).
- An Approach to Black by Emily Jeremiah.
- The Address by Fiona Davis.
- The Other Einstein by Marie Benedict.