Wonder Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Jessica Baker @ A Bakers Perspective (@bakersperspect on Twitter, @abakersperspective on Instagram), who says:
If you go around to different book blogs, you learn lots about books. I mean, that is the point. But what do you really know about the blogger? Not a whole lot, unless you know them personally. This is a place where YOU, the readers, can submit questions to US, the bloggers. This is your chance to get to know us better! Sure, we can answer book questions…but maybe there’s other things you’d like to know as well. Use the google form below to submit your question. And then join me every week as I answer your questions! And if you’re a blogger, I’d love for you to join me every week!
Well… not every Top Ten or Top Five Tuesday inspires me, but some of these questions do, so why not give them a try, right? And hey, when I don’t have a review or something else to put up in the middle of the week, this looks like another great option.
This week – May 19, 2021 – the question is:
Do you follow any YouTube Channels?
This is only my first time doing this meme, so… be gentle, okay?
Yes, actually, I do follow several YouTube Channels! See, because I’m originally an American, but I live in Israel, where not all the TV stations and programs reach me (and I can’t afford to sign up for ALL those different TV channels. Remember, I’m retired so I’m on a fixed income). Plus, sometimes I get a touch homesick. That’s when I click on YouTube to reconnect with my long-lost roots! Some of the channels I follow and try to visit often, include:
- Late Night with Seth Meyers (I loved him in SNL, and have been following him ever since).
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert (I remember when he was on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart).
- The Daily Show with Trevor Noah (originally, I watched it with Jon Stewart, but Trevor is very good too).
- The Amber Ruffin Show (she’s one of the funniest writers from Seth Meyers show, and I adore her – so cute!).
- Full Frontal with Samantha Bee (another Jon Stewart writer and presenter that I adore).
- Beau of the Fifth Column (this guy from Florida isn’t what you’d expect from someone from that state. Very political but very interesting).
- Jonathan Pie (this is a stand up guy from the UK who pretends to be a TV reporter and when the feed goes to the news, he goes into a political tirade. This channel helps me connect with my husband’s place of birth – London)!
- Key and Peele (this comedy duo are just hysterical)!
I’m subscribed to a few more, but I don’t visit them all that often.
2 thoughts on “TCL’s Wondering Wednesdays #1 – YouTube Channels!”
Mine are mostly fitness and music, along with a few for recipes, so I’m grateful for this list of favorites from you!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I follow some for various interests. One blogger I like is fairly new to Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXNW3xz003GIWdT0SYOEU7Q. I also follow Miranda Mills, but mostly for the book list in the “below” section. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGFffzbGgPD5baWLvBSGMwQ
LikeLiked by 1 person