I was recently nominated for this award by Hundreds & Thousands of Books, so thank you for this (admittedly, she and I don’t read the same books, but she’s built this lovely blog so I still visit from time to time)!
This is an award that was created by Ashmita @ The Fictional Journal. Ahsmita says:
“Before being a blogger, I never knew about such talented people who make such thoughtful content out there. I realized that it’s near impossible to try to fathom the sheer number of such people out there, and I accept it. But this makes me sad because that would mean giving up on beauty of this world, the beauty which lies in her creative people. So, I thought of coming up with this award – “The Aesthete Blogger Award.”
“Now, why aesthete? “Aesthete” means a person who is appreciative of, or sensitive to, art and beauty. You might be one if you’ve ever been moved by a work of art or beauty. I think that every creative person out there is an “aesthete” because if you create things, then I believe you must have been moved by someone else’s creations at least once, if not more.
“This award is to honor every creative person, irrespective of their number of followers and views. Because, as long as you create, that is all that matters. This award is for those bloggers who put an insane amount of thought in each of their posts and for those who spread creativity like wildfire!”
Well, you can’t say that isn’t beautiful, in an of itself, now can you?
Here are the rules:-
- Use the official logo/graphic of the award and display it on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Show some love to the one who nominated you!
- Mention the creator (Asmita@ the Fictional Journal) and link it back to the original post.
- Tell me a something about this world that you admire.
- What is your favourite form of creativity?
- Nominate 7 lovely people and notify them by commenting on their posts; spread some love!
- Ask your nominees 4 questions.
- Share something you created. (can be anything!)
- And lastly, just so you know: I LOVE YOUR CREATIONS!
My Answers to the Rules Questions:
What is something about this world that I admire?
To be honest, these days I wonder if there is much to admire in this world. But recently, I’ve had the misfortune of having to visit someone in hospital and well… I truly and totally admire the medical and nursing professionals I’ve encountered. Their vast amounts of knowledge and compassion blow me away. Thank you to all the doctors and nurses, as well as to all of the hospital staff from the top down to the bottom. You make a hard time for people much more pleasant and that is a true miracle.
What is my favourite form of creativity?
My regular readers know that I used to write poetry, but I haven’t done much of that lately. I guess my most recent creative pastime is inventing ice cream flavors (yes, I have a machine and everything). I also like to bake, so I’m always trying new bread and cake recipes. That’s pretty creative (but my daughter seems to be surpassing my creativity in the kitchen, these days).
Nominate 7 Lovely people.
Look, I follow over 700 blogs through WordPress, and I don’t like to play favorites or insult someone for not nominating them, so if you like this, consider yourself nominated. That said, to be honest I do have the (required) seven bloggers I’d really like to see answer my questions, but I’m just mentioning them here, and if any are interested… they should feel free to participate – or not! They are:
- Carol @ The Reading Ladies
- Paula @ Light Motifs II
- Cathy @ What Cathy Read Next
- Ashley @ Tiny Navajo Reads
- Hopewells Library of Life
- Theresa @ Theresa Smith Writes
- Ellie @ Eleanor Sophie Writes
My Four Questions to the Nominees are:
- What is your favorite season of the year, and what activity do you like to do during that season that makes you happy?
- Do you like to you listen to music, and if so, what are a few of your favorite genres, songs, or artists?
- Is there a type of visual art (ceramics, drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, design, crafts, photography, video, film making, and architecture), that you really love?
- Desktop, tablet, or phone – how do you read and write your blog, and why do you prefer that type of device?
Share something I created…
I created many things in my life, but the things that I’m most proud of are my three children. So, here’s a collage of pictures of them, that I use as my lock screen picture on all my devices. My oldest son is named Oren, and his partner’s name is Shelly. My younger son is named Etai, and my daughter is named Danit.
My Answers to the Questions I received:
If your life was a movie, what song play in the montage you’re in at the moment?
Where’s one place you really want to visit?
New Zealand! Need I say more?
Three books you want to read before you die?
Obviously, there are far more than three on that list – lots of classics, more Christie, more Atwood, more Anne Tyler, and of course, back-lists of authors I’ve recently discovered, like Fiona Davis and Melanie Benjamin. But right now, “The Mystery of Mrs. Christie” by Marie Benedict is right up there. I tried to get the ARC but they turned me down FLAT.
What’s one thing you really want to try?
I’m retired, so now is the time I should be trying all sorts of new and fun things. Unfortunately, I’m not very adventurous. However, getting back to the cooking thing, my oldest son Oren left me his pasta machine when he moved abroad, so one thing (but probably not THE thing) I’d like to try is making my own pasta. Yes, I know it isn’t hard, but if I’m going to do it, I want to try putting interesting flavors in the pasta dough, so…