Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
The rules are simple:
- Each Tuesday, Jana assigns a new topic. Create your own Top Ten list that fits that topic – putting your unique spin on it if you want.
- Everyone is welcome to join but please link back to The Artsy Reader Girl in your own Top Ten Tuesday post.
- Add your name to the Linky widget on that day’s post so that everyone can check out other bloggers’ lists.
- Or if you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment on her weekly post.
This week the topic is:
Questions I Would Ask My Favorite Authors.
Funny thing about this topic, I already have succeeded in asking some of my favorite authors some good questions, but I only ask five questions. However, because the instructions said that we could “post 10 questions for one author, one question each for 10 different authors (living or dead), or anything else!” I’ll go with “anything else” and give you my five questions and then five authors I would love to ask these questions! That makes it is a Top Five+Five for me!
My Five Questions:
My readers already know my five, fast, and fun Countdown Questions, which are:
- If you could visit five (5) places you’ve never been, where would you go and why?
- Name four (4) foods or dishes that you enjoy so much that they’ve practically become part of your personality.
- There is the past, the present, and the future – if you could choose, which of these three (3) would you prefer to live in, and why?
- Best and worst – you choose which – name two (2) of either your best moments of your life, worst moments of your life, or one of each.
- Name one (1) book you’ve read in the past year (or so) that you wish you had written, and why.
To date, I’ve had 35 authors answer these questions, and if you click on my link above, you’ll find an alphabetical list of all the authors who participated! Some of their answers will surprise you!
Five Authors (living or dead) I’d Like to Ask These Questions:
I think my #5 spot, I’ll go with the obvious choice, William Shakespeare! I mean, seriously, wouldn’t every reader want to contact The Bard?
For the #4 would be Margaret Atwood! She has such a vivid imagination, and some very interesting ideas, so her answers would probably be wild!
In the #3 place, I’ve been trying to get author Patrick Gale to answer these questions, but he seems to be ignoring my requests! I get it… he’s busy… but he’s so interesting on Facebook and Twitter that I had to include him here.
I would put into the #2 place Fredrik Backman, because he makes me laugh and he makes me cry with his novels, and I wonder if he’d do the same answering my questions.
Finally, my #1 spot obviously has to go to Michael Ondaatje, because he is my all-time favorite author, I adore his writing, and I wonder if he’d get lyrical with his answers.
How about you?
What questions would you ask your favorite authors?
Which authors would you like to interview?