Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Genre Freebie Week.
Have you ever read a book where the foods described in such detail that they either made your mouth water, or made you want to gag in disgust?
Have you ever read a book where food as an essential part of their plots in particular?
If you have, then CONGRATULATIONS!
You’ve been reading
Here is a list of 10 authors who I’ve read in this genre, and the books of theirs that I’ve read and reviewed (in alphabetical order of the author’s last name).
- Brooks, Karen – The Chocolate Maker’s Wife
- Flagg, Fannie – Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café
- Grimwood, Jonathan – The Last Banquet
- Harris, Joanne – Chocolat, Blackberry Wine, and Five Quarters of the Orange
- King, Crystal – The Chef’s Secret and Feast of Sorrow
- LaBan, Elizabeth – The Restaurant Critic’s Wife
- Mah, Ann – The Lost Vintage
- McHenry, Jael – The Kitchen Daughter
- Prior, Lily – La Cucina
- Tom, Jessica – Food Whore