By David Berndt, PhD
Genre: Mental Health, Self-help
The good news is that anxiety can be overcome without relying on medication. Psychologist David Berndt, PhD, in Overcoming Anxiety outlines several self-help methods for relief for anxiety and worry. In clear simple language and a conversational style. Dr. Berndt shares with the reader powerful step by step proven techniques for anxiety management.
You will learn:
- A Self-hypnosis grounding technique in the Ericksonian tradition.
- Box Breathing, Seven Eleven and similar breathing techniques for anxiety relief.
- How to stop or interrupt toxic thoughts that keep you locked in anxiety.
- How to harness and utilize your worries, so they work for you.
- Relief from anxiety through desensitization and exposure therapy.
Designed to be used alone as self-help or in conjunction with professional treatment Dr. Berndt draws upon his experience as a clinician and academic researcher to give accessible help to the reader who wants to understand and manage their anxiety.
David J. Berndt, Ph.D. was an Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Chicago where he published or presented over 80 papers and articles before establishing a private practice. Dr Berndt currently lives in Charleston, S.C. where he also teaches in an adjunct capacity at the College of Charleston. He is best known for his psychological tests the Multiscore Depression Inventory, and the Multiscore Depression Inventory for Children, both from Western Psychological Services. He also contributes to several psychology websites including Psychology Knowledge.
Praise for Dr. Berndt’s work:
“Dr. Berndt is a creative and forward-thinking psychologist who has contributed to advancing psychology both with his research and clinical practice. He has helped countless patients with their depression and anxiety, and his conversational and accessible style of writing makes Overcoming Anxiety a book you would want for your top shelf.
“Overcoming Anxiety: Self-Help Anxiety Relief” by David Berndt PhD, is available as of July 27, 2015 from Amazon, The Book Depository (free worldwide delivery), and Alibris.
- Website: http://psychologyknowledge.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/authorfriendly
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/DavidJohnBerndt
- Blog: http://authorfriendly.wordpress.com